The Hartford is my short and long term disability insurer, that gleefully collect their premiums each month, year after year from me. But what happens when you suffer a disability and file a claim with them?
Well, I have a herniated disc in my back and I am unable to lift, stand, stoop and hardly can walk. When I filed a claim, The Hartford approved my disability for TWO weeks.....and broke that up into three intermittent payments I might add.....then said I no longer meet the criteria of being temporarily disabled.
It is impossible to reach a living person through their "800" number, and no direct numbers are to be found. The few times I was lucky enough to speak to someone there I got contradicting stories and promises of calls that were never returned.
Beware of The Hartford Insurance group...they are liars and crooks!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Disability Insurance
- Review category
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Never use these Companies, they sold me a service they could not provide, claiming they were another company PLUS - LOCALS LAMBASTE HIO International as a Do NOT Work for..."
- "This lady rear ended me on 12-14-12. I had to call the cops because she refused to provide me with her drivers license and proof of insurance. Once the police..."
- "I went threw ESurance to get a renters policy on my apartment with Homesite Insurance, I did this because I had had several break ins at my apartment in 2014,..."
- "We purchased a mattress with a 20 year warranty from Metro Mattress in 2007, by 2012 it was sagging badly. When the people came to replace it they insisted..."
- "Had my generator serviced as per the contract by the installer in Feb. March snowstorm here i Rochester NY and the engine is done. It bent pushrods and BROKE the..."
- "Last year my 23 month old Frigidaire smoothtop range cracked over the front left burner. After not getting any satisfaction from the Frigidaire customer service line, I went back the..."
- "I hired Ruth Maldonado from Ruth’s ReVamp, Lewisville Texas, for a move-out cleaning. When deciding on date to come, I asked her if she had help since I was concerned..."
- "Please see the attachment capturing my experience with this company. I am disheartened at the fact they acknowledge I never got my item and refuse to refund it. They will..."
- "I am taking my time and effort to write this review hoping that one less person could be saved from a unnecessary financial disaster. There is no free lunch. The..."