Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I never made any claim when I was with Hartford, never got a ticket, never was in an accident.Despite this, the cost of my policy went up with every renewal period until it was TRIPLE the original cost.

The agent told me it was because of my age, not my driving record. This is, of course, illegal age discrimination. When I got notice that the price of my Hartford Insurance was going up to finally triple my original rate, I immediately began looking for another insurance company. Luckily, I found a good one with rates lower than my starting price (four years ago) with Hartford.

Hartford then tried to collect two payments from my bank account, but luckily, I had already blocked Hartford from automatic withdrawals. Then the company sent me a letter with a law firm's letterhead, saying I owed the two payments, which was not true. With a little search engine research, I found that there were huge numbers of complaints against Hartford Insurance for the very same scam---trying to collect money that was not due to them.

If and when you cancel your insurance with Hartford, immediately stop the automatic withdrawal permission from your bank account.If they try to bill you for premium payments when you are already insured by another company, don't pay that scam 'collection' amount.

Review about: The Hartford Auto Insurance.

Preferred solution: I already moved on to another insurance company.

Comments