Not resolved

Auto accident refusal of liablity by Hartford Insurance.

The hartford is denying liability on one of their insureds who rear ended my brother. We have a witness report that the guy was impatient trying to go around my brother. We have a traffic accident report in which the police issued a ticket to their insured for failure to control his speed resulting in accident. We also sent them pictures of our damaged car and they place of the accident area .

We even had prepaid legal write them a letter on our behalf stating proof of their fault and they have not responded.

Derrick L. Williams claims representative for Hartford writes that they see no liablity on behalf of their insured. I believe they do this because we have only liability and no collision insurance.Seeking an attorney for $3,782.30 vehicle repair is not practical due to their costs per hour.

This is outrageous and they are taking advantage of the poor shall we say.

Can anyone help us in how to get them to pay up??

Review about: The Hartford Auto Insurance.

Had an Experience with The Hartford?

Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment
Leesburg, Florida, United States #1267330

CEO of Hartford Insurance Christopher Jerome Swift home phone number and address 203-549-1662 , 49 Winfield Lane, New Cannan, Connecticut 06840-3439.


Hello, We had a very similar experience due to a rear end accident on July 21, 2012. The Hartford is fabricates reasons why their insured could not have been responsible for damaging our

car ($6200 estimate to repair), and physical injuries sending us to the Emergency Room in the amount of $14,000. They closed the claim by sending us a check for $177. They put us through a very unpleasant process that lasted

two months.

Have you had any success in your claim?


1. Ask your State Department of Insurance to review the investigation. Remember they work for their customer but they should treat all fairly. Denials in a rear end collision is normally clear. There must be something else at issue here that should be explained.

2. There should be a small claims court in your county/parish that you file against the owner of the other car.

Good luck........... :zzz

You May Also Like

Molina Healthcare - Denied for Dying..... Molina Healthcare "I have recently been diagnosed with Cancer. Yes the BIG C. so here's my story.. On Jan12th I went to see my doctor she was concerned and asked I go..." Read more Hole In One International - US Hole in One Internet Scam Hole In One International "US Hole in One is an Internet scam claiming outrageous services and products YET works out of an Abandoned building. Since google Maps has serviced US HOLE in ONE can..." Read more Hole In One International - US Hole in One Ardmore Pennsylvania Hole In One International "This company hires part time High School and College students to slander and libel others when all along they are the culprits in a game about sports promotions. they use..." Read more Shipsurance is a big scam, lie, and fraud! Shipsurance "This is the second and final time to get ripped off by Shipsurance. I am an ETSY seller. USPS lost my package. 18 days later they found it. It was..." Read more Disgusting Prestige Flowers , Prestige Flowers "Ordered Flowers for my wife for anniversary, delivery fine, looked great when arrived. 2 days on flowers drooping petals falling off. Contacted customer service girl called Nicole condescending e mail..." Read more Home Depot - $6k mistake Home Depot "After my husband and I remodeled our house, I will not set foot on Home Depot property again. We made the horrible mistake of buying our carpet (among other thousands..." Read more Flanigan Brothers Septic Illegal Flanigan Brothers Septic "Flanigan brothers septic is an illegal dumping septic tank company. They have been caught in the city of Buford for illegally dumping sewage into storm drains. They have also been..." Read more It Works - SCAM!!they only want money from u It Works "Do not buy from them !!! Scam artist! Amy friend told me about the special I said hey why not. Waited for a month. My box was damage and also..." Read more